On Thursday, 19 May 2022, we successfully held the first conference day of the international scientific conference MakeLearn & TIIM entitled “Digital Transformation: The Harmonic Convergence of People, Culture, Process, and Technology in the New Normal “.
Participants were addressed by representatives of partner institutions:
– Dr. Jonas Čeponis, Vice-Rector for Studies, Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania,
– Dr. Edita Gimžauskienė, Dean of the School of Economics and Business, Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania,
– Dr. Valerij Dermol, International School for Social and Business Studies, Slovenia,
– Dr. Kongkiti Phusavat, Kasetsart University, Thailand,
– Dr. Zbigniew Pastuszak, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Poland,
– Dr. Luigia Melillo, Pegaso International, Malta.
Speeches by keynote speakers followed the opening ceremony. Dr. Panagiotis (Takis) Damaskopoulos of the School of Economics and Business, Kaunas University of Technology (Lithuania) addressed the broader context of the Fourth Industrial Revolution with a speech entitled “Rethinking Education Systems in the Context of the Fourth Industrial Revolution”. As a frame of reference, this introductory speech explored critical issues related to the creation of new skills and the challenges/gaps in the design of new educational ecosystems. Dr. David Dawson of the University of Gloucestershire Business School (United Kingdom) presented his speech “Being Leaders of Learning: The Qualities and Skills of Leadership and Higher Education”. This introductory speech is an updated version of the Higher Quality and Skills Framework (HELQS) based on dr. Dawson’s research work. He invited participants to face the challenge of leadership in higher education, regardless of their length of service and role in the higher education institution.
We continued with the following plenary events:
– Leadership Forum in Higher Education,
– invitations to the new MakeLearn & TIIM 2023 conference, which is to be held in Malta and
– Forum Opportunities for Projects, Dissemination, and International Networking.
You are once again invited to attend the plenary events on the second day, 20 May 2022, at 9:00 am, when a keynote speech will be given on Smart Cities as Socio-Technical Systems: Reflections on Sustainable Careers.
To join the e-environment, click on the conference program, which is available here: https://bit.ly/3Ne8hfG
The MakeLearn & TIIM conference promotes the exchange of the latest achievements in the field of management, economics, technology, and education. By involving experienced and young academics and practitioners from all continents, it encourages discussion and the exchange of knowledge between academia and business (formal meetings and social events) and offers a variety of opportunities for publication.