The conference starts on Thursday, the 20th of May 2021. Due to the current Covid-19 situation in Europe, all the events will take place online only. To access the at-a-glance conference programme with links to the events, click HERE.
Dr. Jay Liebowitz, Seton Hall University, USA
Analytics + Intuition = Success!
In today’s environment, we see a push for a data-driven or data-informed environment. However, we often discount our experiential learning, or our “intuition”, as part of the formula for organizational decision-making. This talk will highlight the need to marry both Analytics and Intuition to achieve success. The presentation will cover the following topics:
- Developing an Enterprise-Wide Analytics Strategy
- Understanding the Research and Practice of “Intuition-based Decision Making”
- Improving One’s Intuitive Awareness
- Discovering Research and Future Trends of Analytics and Intuition
Dr. Jay Liebowitz is a Visiting Professor in the Stillman School of Business at Seton Hall University. He previously served as the Distinguished Chair of Applied Business and Finance at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology. He was ranked one of the top 10 knowledge management researchers/practitioners out of 11,000 worldwide, and was ranked #2 in KM Strategy worldwide according to the January 2010 Journal of Knowledge Management.
Dr. Liebowitz is the Founding Editor-in-Chief of Expert Systems With Applications: An International Journal (published by Elsevier). He is a Fulbright Scholar, IEEE-USA Federal Communications Commission Executive Fellow, and Computer Educator of the Year (International Association for Computer Information Systems). He has published over 45 books and a myriad of journal articles on knowledge management, analytics, financial literacy, intelligent systems, and IT management. Dr. Liebowitz served as the Editor-in-Chief of Procedia-CS (Elsevier). He is also the Series Book Editor of the new Data Analytics Applications book series (Taylor & Francis He has lectured and consulted worldwide.
Dr. Milan Zeleny, Fordham University, USA
Driving Forces of the Contemporary Human and Human Systems Evolution
Keynote speech by Dr. Milan Zeleny is CANCELLED and will NOT take place due to unforeseen circumstances.
You can read the discussion of Prof. Zeleny on the future trends in HSM in the open access article Entering the age of accelerated change: In search of equilibrium.
Chair: Dr. Zbigniew Pastuszak, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Poland
Co-Chair: Dr. Kongkiti Phusavat, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand
In the panel, editors of sponsored journals and other invited journals will present their journals and give useful publishing guidelines. The editors will discuss the most critical issues relevant to authors leading to better chances of paper acceptance. The panel is an excellent opportunity for the authors to increase their publishing achievements.
The conference promotes the following publications, especially SCI/SSCI and Scopus journals, whose editors will participate as speakers in the panel:
Expert Systems with Applications (2020 Impact Factor: 5.452)
Applied Sciences, special Issue “Machine Learning for Energy Forecasting” (2020 Impact Factor: 2.474)
International Journal of Mobile Communications (2020 Impact Factor: 1.328)
Technology, Pedagogy & Education (2019 Impact Factor: 1.481)
Journal of Computer Information Systems (2019 Impact Factor: 1.582)
Management and Production Engineering Review (CiteScore 2019: 2.80)
Electronic Government, An International Journal (CiteScore 2019: 1.50)
Human Systems Management (CiteScore 2019: 1.10)
International Journal of Value Chain Management (CiteScore 2019: 1.10)
International Journal of Management in Education (CiteScore 2019: 1.10)
International Journal of Innovation and Learning (CiteScore 2019: 1.10)
International Journal of Management and Enterprise Development (CiteScore 2019: 0.90)
International Journal of Sustainable Economy (CiteScore 2019: 0.60)
International Journal of Knowledge, Management and Learning
Managing Global Transitions
ToKnowPress, international academic publisher
Scientific Bulletin of Politehnica University of Timisoara, Transaction on Engineering and Management
Sustainability (Special Issue)
– Dr. Alex Koohang, Middle Georgia State University, USA (Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Computer Information Systems)
– Dr. Joanna Paliszkiewicz, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Poland (Editor-in-Chief, Management and Production Engineering Review)
– Dr. Umair Akram, Guanghua School of Management, Peking University, China (Associate Editor, Human Systems Management)
– Dr. Egon Žižmond, University of Primorska, Slovenia (Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Sustainable Economy)
– Dr. Anca Draghici, Politehnica University of Timisoara, Romania (Editor-in-Chief, Scientific Bulletin of Politehnica University of Timisoara, Transaction on Engineering and Management)
– Dr. Živilė Stankevičiūtė, Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania (Guest Editor, Sustainability)
RESEARCH – EDUCATION – BUSINESS FORUM
Acceleration of Digitalisation through COVID-19; How it leads to a faster geographical shift and change of local labour composition
Chair: Dr. Claude Meier, HWZ University of Applied Sciences Zurich, Switzerland
Co-chair: Dr. Nada Trunk Širca, ISSBS Celje, UP Koper, Slovenia
Content: The COVID-crisis has strongly promoted home office. Especially in countries in which the third sector (services) and administration plays an important role this could have a large impact. Middle and large companies may learn that physical presence is less important than thought before and will recruit personnel globally, i.e. more independent from their geographical location. Accordingly, (also more local) universities would recruit students and stuff more internationally than today. Click here for more information about the forum topic.
– Dr. Anca Draghici, Politehnica University of Timisoara, Romania
– Dr. Michael Grund, HWZ, Switzerland
– Dr. Luigia Melillo, Pegaso International, Malta
– Dr. Matti Muhos, University of Oulu, Kerttu Saalasti Institute, Finland
– Dr. Anna Rakowska, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Poland
– Dr. Živilė Stankevičiūtė, Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
– Dr. Georges-Simon Ulrich, Director of the Swiss Federal Statistical Office, Switzerland
– Dr. Robert Whitehouse, University of Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Academic Leadership Forum
How can we shape higher education institutions to respond to future trends in the post-pandemic world?
Chair: Dr. Kris Law, Deakin University, Australia
Co-chair: Dr. Dušan Lesjak, International School for Social and Business Studies, Slovenia
This Academic Leadership Forum aims to bring distinguished academics worldwide to share their views and ideas about the higher education challenges and solutions they are experiencing.
The global pandemic has changed the world upside-down in all aspects. Universities and institutions have been struggling to be resilient and flexible in response to the uncertainties.
We could see that those first movers in digitalization education and capability are more resilient during the outbreaks.
In this forum, academics will share their views on how the universities can be shaped to respond to the call of resiliency. There are a couple of questions to be discussed, but not limited to:
- Will digitalization education take the lead? If so, how?
- How will the education system changes affect academics in regard to their roles in teaching and the employment aspects?
How will the post-pandemic world change the way of international collaboration?
– Dr. Kirsi Aaltonen, University of Oulu, Finland
– Dr. Yuk Ming Tang, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, PRC
– Dr. Zbigniew Pastuszak, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Poland
– Dr. Bordin Rassameethes, Kasetsart University, Thailand
– Dr. Eugenijus Valatka, Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
– Mag. Domagoj Nikolić, RIT Croatia, Croatia
PROJECT DISSEMINATION SESSIONS & NETWORKING
MakeLearn & TIIM conference offers dissemination opportunities with presentation of (ongoing) projects and/or activities at universities. Project managers are welcome to make use of the conference platform and its proceedings to promote and disseminate projects or their institution.
You can already check the published online exhibition web page at link https://makelearn.mfdps.si/exhibition
Dissemination opportunities will offer visibility to projects and universities:
- Dissemination e-room. Presentations (videos) will be presented minimum three times each day in the dissemination e-room – organized on Thursday, 20 May 2021 (from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.) and Friday, 21 May 2021 (from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Promotion at conference webpage. Project presentations (videos) will be posted and available on MakeLearn & TIIM conference website at the time of the conference.
- Dissemination meeting. Participants are welcome to participate in a special dissemination meeting, which will be organised on Friday, 21 May 2021, 16.45-18.00 (CEST). At the meeting participants can provide additional information about their projects and present good practices.
- Publication in conference proceedings. Additionally, projects will be promoted by publication in conference proceedings.
WORKSHOP ON ACADEMIC WRITING & PUBLISHING
Workshop will be held on Friday, 21 May 2021, 12.00 to 13.15 (CEST) at the following Zoom link (click to participate).
Classes are conducted by active scientists who act as editors-in-chief of journals from the JCR, ISI and Scopus lists.
Benefits of participating in the workshop:
- Gaining knowledge and skills concerning the process of preparing and publishing scientific articles in prestigious scientific journals.
- Improving the skills of writing articles.
- Gaining knowledge about the review process and the publication procedure, provided by the editor of scientific journals.
- Acquiring knowledge and skills on a correct ego preparing an article that scientific.
General program of the workshop
- The process of writing a scientific paper.
- Structure and elements of a academic paper.
- Searching for relevant scientific journals.
- Criteria and the process of reviewing scientific articles.
- The process of proofreading and updating a paper following reviewers’ remarks (or preparation of a new version of the paper after its rejection by the journal editor).a
International School for Social and Business Studies
Mariborska cesta 7, SI-3000 Celje, Slovenia
Phone: +386 3 425 82 24
Fax: +386 3 425 82 22