How to prepare A virtual presentation
Technical guidelines for preparing virtual presentations
- All submitted abstracts and papers must be presented at the conference.
- To make a presentation 100% possible, presenters are asked to record a voice-over PowerPoint presentation narrated in the English language in a duration of 5 to 7 minutes.
- You can record audio or video narration as you run through your presentation, however, the narration is not possible in all versions of PowerPoint. This short instructional video presents how the narration may be done, here you can find additional instruction on how to do it.
- Please, remember, that the presentation should be exported as a PPSX PowerPoint file or an MP4 video file (see more information).
- The file with the presentation videos should be uploaded to the Google Drive (will be soon available) folder at least one week prior to the conference. The file name should contain the ID of the submission and name of the presenter.
- Technical guidelines for speakers in forums/panels.
Setting up for a virtual presentation
- The pre-recorded presentations will be played in virtual rooms in which the session will be conducted.
- The presenters are supposed to be present in their virtual room to be able to answer the questions asked by the participants present in the virtual room.
- Participants can enter their selected virtual room by clicking the appropriate session link on the conference schedule (will be available soon). The schedule will be also sent to all the participants one week before the conference by email.
- PowerPoint presentations can be shared also by the presenters themselves during their live presentation.
To make sure your virtual presentation goes smoothly you are required to:
- Be online and available 15 minutes before the presentation. Join the appropriate virtual room.
- Have a reliable and fast internet connection.
- Test your microphone and video camera.
- Have a non-distracting environment around you during the presentation. The room you are using should be both quiet and the background used as plain as possible.
How the presentation in a virtual room is conducted?
- Virtual rooms will be accessible through the conference schedule. The links will be available also in the email sent to your mailbox one week before the conference.
- You can enter virtual rooms by clicking the appropriate session published on the conference schedule.
- Please, enter the virtual room 15 minutes before your presentation starts.
- In each virtual room, there is a moderator coordinating the activities in the virtual room (taking care of starting the presentation videos in appropriate moment, appointing the presenters, taking care of time, etc.).
- The moderator starts your video presentation and enables discussion afterwards. After the presentation, 5 to 10 minutes are devoted to the discussion. In the role of a presenter, you can answer the questions and discuss them with other participants. Moderator takes care of technical details.